TUN or TUNnel is very similar to ethernet device or we can call it “virtual interface”, mostly required for some VPN protocols like OpenVPN, to route network traffic both sending and receiving. Thus, you have to enable TUN if you want to install VPN.
- Grab a free VPS from Hax.co.id, this is my free VPS from hax:
- Check this tutorial for how to connect to ipv6 vps
- On terminal type this command to check current status of TUN/TAP
if the result is cat: /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory
that mean tun/tap is disable
- Go to menu “VPS Control” on Hax
- Scroll down and click “Enable TUN”
- Next, restart your vps and check the status via ssh again
it should return: cat: /dev/net/tun: File descriptor in bad state
this mean TUN/TAP has enabled, you can install VPN now.